Tuesday 1 November 2011

magazines



Here at Scott Jessop Hair we believe in attention to detail. This includes the literature we keep in the waiting area.

These are my favourite titles.

 Elle is a great journal of high end, mainstream fashion. It regularly features new icons from popular culture and all the latest from the big fashion houses. 
It is a bit more accessible and youthful than Vogue. We sometimes get American Elle if there is an interesting article but we prefer the U.K. version.  I really love their regular 'hair how to' pages. I cut these out and keep them in our style files at the salon. 
Elle also produce a round up of the big catwalk shows at the start of every season. Elle 'Collections' has pretty much every dress from every major show as well as mood boards and articles. I find this essential reading.





I.D. documents British fashion. It is often first with the looks coming up from the street. 
It presents the rising stars and artists in U.K. culture. 
I remember reading about Jessie J first here. It had a fantastic photograph too. 
This magazine definitely has edge and is often avant garde. It is important to keep in tune with the developing culture and if you cant live near Camden Lock, you read I.D. It was founded by designer and former Vogue art director Terry Jones in 1980.




Company is a good blend of sassy articles, fashion and beauty. I also love their 'High Street Edit.' A round up of all the new season shopping. 



Whilst I understand that people have a variety of tastes in their reading, we choose these titles to enhance the salon and to provide our clients with inspiration. I collect up our favourite articles and images and keep style files so feel free to pop in and browse through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment